About jared olsen
Jared is a 4th generation Wyomingite committed to preserving our western way of life. He is a devoted husband and father of three - Eden, Noah, and Abel. He is a small businessman and attorney who operates a thriving law firm in downtown Cheyenne that is dedicated to helping our Wyoming families, businesses, the elderly, and numerous community partners.
Jared is proud to raise his family in the greatest state in the nation. He believes strongly in raising his children on the same Wyoming values that made him who he is today - independent, responsible, honest, and hard working.
Jared is proudly "one of us." He is an average citizen just like you. Elected, to the Wyoming State Legislature in 2016 and re-elected in 2018, his message is focused on the people of House District 11. Jared believes his job is to listen, work hard, and be your voice. This means he stands against special interests and will not allow ideology or politics to get in his way of being your voice!
When people ask Jared why he chooses to serve in the Wyoming Legislature, he always tells them the same thing - "so that my kids can inherit an even better Wyoming than the one I was born into."
Jared's top priorities in office are to work hard everyday for the people of Wyoming. Our state budget is crippled by the current state of world oil markets, and the COVID-19 Pandemic has caused many businesses to close their doors. Our people are out of work. Our economy is in trouble. Our people need bold leadership to see us through these trying times.
Educating future generations is important to Jared. He believes that if we give future generations a solid education, then with hard work and dedication those future generations can achieve anything! Jared is the first in his family to attend and graduate from college. His mother humbly worked as a waitress and cook while raising five children in his household. Through her, he learned the importance of family and hard work. Jared is a proud graduate of the University of Wyoming College of Law. He also received his Master's of Public Administration from the University of Wyoming. Prior to attending law and graduate school, he obtained a Bachelor's of Science in Political Science.
Representative Olsen received the 2019 Hazlitt Award for Bipartisan Achievement. This award is a result of his committed and proven efforts to accomplish the good of Wyoming and her people, without unreasonable adherence to partisanship. Representative Olsen's sponsored legislation always includes members of both parties and nearly all ideologies. Specifically, in 2019, Representative Olsen Sponsored a bill to repeal the death penalty, which had the largest coalition of bipartisan legislators on a single bill, to date.
- Past Citizen Member of the Housing and Community Development Advisory Council for the City of Cheyenne.
- Charter member of Cheyenne Rotary After Hours Club.
- Past Corporate Sponsorship Breakfast Committee of CLIMB Wyoming
- Annual Speaker on U.S. Constitution at local elementary schools in Laramie County for the Liberty Day program.
- Annual guest speaker at Carey Junior High on Civics and the Legislative Process.
- Vice Chairman of the Wyoming Republican Party (WYGOP) 2016-2018
- Chairman of the Laramie County Grand Old Party (LCGOP) 2014-2016
- Treasurer on the LCGOP 2013-2014.
- At-Large National Delegate to the 2016 Republican National Convention in Cleveland.
- Laramie County Delegate to the 2020, 2018, and 2016 State Conventions for the Wyoming Republican Party.
- Wyoming Republican Party Central Committee 2016-2018
- WYGOP Budget & Audit Committee 2017-2019